Wednesday, January 5

the ultimate new year resolution

this past sunday and tonight at church one certain prayer was used, many of you probably have heard it, it is John Wesley's Covanent Prayer...it really hit me sunday when we as a congregation read this prayer, it is full of the things that we should be thinking all year long, but for me it really hit a new years resolution of sorts, ideas that i know i should be thinking and concentrating on, actively pursuing and accepting more often, and hopefully this year i can...here it is for any intrested:
John Wesley's "Covenant Prayer"
I am no longer my own, but Yours. Put me to what You will. Rank me with whoever You will. Put me to doing. Put me to suffering. Let me be employed for You, or laid aside for You; exalted for You, or brought low for You. Let me be full, let me be empty. Let me have all things, let me have nothing! And now, O Father, You are mine and I am Yours. So be it. And the covenant I am making on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post, d. Wonderful prayer.