Friday, December 17

the road to pharmacy school...update

so i get home monday night, and have this weird gut feeling to go downstairs and check my mail, and when i opened my little mail 'flap' i saw it!!! it was small, which kinda threw me because as most of you know, when you are waiting for something important, good things usually come in larger envelopes...example: during all of those months my senior of highschool it was always my fear to get a regular sized envelope from a school, because 90% of the time small meant "thanks but no thanks"...i had the same feeling when i took my national pharmacy tech. test, little envelope means, sorry you failed, but you can pay us again and we will let you have another shot...
so you can imagine when i saw that tiny envelope monday night i was scared out of my mind, now i know that you can not fail the PCAT (pharmacy college admissions test) but i was still scared...i was holding in my hand, my future, the rest of my life...the next few moments seemed to last forever, as i stood in my den with my mom on speaker phone and charles's hand on my shoulder for support i franticly opened the little envelope then stared at it's contents trying to decipher all the numbers i saw on the page...finally, i found my way down to the coposite score, some number that i had no idea what it meant, then...next to that number was my percentile ranking...83%...i thought, wait is that bottom or top, then i realized....yeahhhh i did well!!!!!
i continued to read on that this score meant that i did as well, if not better than 83% of all the people that took this test on that saturday in november...i was so happy
because this semester was so busy i did not have too much time to study, so i told myself that if i could just match the average admission score then i would be happy, well i exceeded it!!! and thus, am one step closer to entering pharmacy school, the next big step, getting my acceptance letter from the University of MS School of Pharmacy, hopefully that will come soon...ill keep you all posted...

No comments: