Sunday, February 13

"few things can be mastered without times of testing"

this was a quote that our preacher used today in his sermon and it really stuck with me...now i really believe that this quote is true in all aspects of my life
  • my school life, probably the most obvious, you can't master a class unless you do well, and typically this is measured by your tests that happens over time, hence, time of testing
  • my love life, i have been tested many times, whether this be temptation, trials in a specifc relationship, or even an entire relationship all togethher...i see each of these as a test in my ability to love myself and others
  • my family, with all the curves that are thrown families these days, my family has also had it's share of "testing times," some times that i even wondered if we would pull through, we have had many tests
  • my spiritual life, all of the above help contribute to my spiritual life, each of the above tests ultimately play a role into my faith, and where i feel that the direction of my life is going and more importantly being led...

but here is what i realize about all of these above tests...they all work together to help shape who i am...if my school wasn't difficult at times i don't think that i would work as hard, if my love life and family life had not had there times of tests and confusion i don't think i would appreciate all of my family and friends as i do, and most importantly if i hadn't had testing times in all of these combined aspects of my life i don't think that i would have the spiritual relationship that i have right now...each of these tests teaches me something...through each i have learned an important lesson about my life and who i am, each of these tests are wonderful gifts from God...so this lenten season i am going to try to not look at each difficulty i encounter as a test, but as a lesson that will teach me something that will ultimately shape the person i will be tomorrow...

No comments: