Thursday, July 6

Well, what a day....I am finally at home, sitting on my mother's new couch watching Charley sleep, and finally fixing my ipod....and my thought "THANK YOU GOD, I AM SOOO BLESSED" an event this afternoon has really put everything into perspective...today on the way home to jackson, at about 4:45pm, in the pouring rain outside of meridain mississippi, charles and myself almost died...we were in a bad wreck, but thankfully we were both completely unharmed (well except for a scratch on charley's arm)...we hit a water pocket and spun out of control, across a lane of traffic, stopping only because we hit a rather sturdy tree...our tail end spun out so thankfully we went down the ditch tail first, if it was the other way around we would be in a hospital somewhere, if we were lucky....it was one of the weirdest feelings in the world...as we spun, charles was amazingly calm, just saying "brace yourself" and we did, holding on to each other, i just closed my eyes and hoped for the best...i had a flash back to high school when i spun out in the snow and just stopped on the side of the road completely fine, that is what i remembered this time and i thought "please let that happen again....i am so not ready to die" there is so much in my life, so many dreams and aspirations that i have not accomplished, this makes me realize that each of those is a gift, i will be so extremely grateful to complete them all now...Also there are so many people in my life that i am thankful for, people that i know at times i take for granted...i can not even begin to make a list of all my family, friends, mentors, and even some people that i have not yet met that have influenced me and my life....to all of you (pretty much anyone readying this)....thank you, thank you....i love you all

ps pretty sure my car is totaled....will post pictures and update soon....

No comments: