Sunday, September 3

Thermostat or thermometer?


Which are you? Today in church this analogy was presented and I really liked it. How do you respond when things get 'hot' or times get bad. Do you simply reflect the conditions around you, by acting like a thermometer, or do you respond internally to the conditions and adapt? This really struck home with me as I start my next week of pharmacy school. Last week was overwhelming, and I am pretty sure that this one is going to be the same (especially since my calendar is more full than the previous week). So how will I respond to the challenge of studying, attending meetings, rehearsals, and finding down time? Will I simply get more stressed as each task is added to my schedule and end up reflecting my hectic schedule like a thermometer, or will I adapt and be proactive like a thermostat, prioritzing and asking for help from others and God, knowing that if I stress it will only make things worse? I hope I can be like the thermostat. That is my goal for this week. I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day off, please remember us poor Samford students stuck in class.

2 comments:

Katie Mo said...

hahahaha - i guess you were awake for that part! :oP

Anonymous said...

Ready for a blast from the past? This is Mike Coradetti, from St Mark's? Hope I register a memory. Anyway, I got an unexpected email last night from another High Places alum, and it got me thinking about old times and friends and wondering what they were up to. Thanks to Google, I stumbled upon your blog, and I just wanted to say how excited I was to hear about how the past few years had been treating you. Drop me a line, if you get a chance, and tell me some stories.
-Mike
mikecoradetti@comcast.net